Realistic Cleaning Schedule for Working Moms: Tidy Up Fast!
Are you a working mum struggling to find time to clean your house? Are you always scrambling to find time to tidy up your house before company comes over? And are you constantly feeling overwhelmed by the thought of cleaning your home and like you can’t get ahead?
If so, this blog post is for you!
It’s no secret that most moms are incredible multi-taskers. We can juggle a baby, a job and a home all at the same time.
But even the best of us need some help to stay organized and on top of everything.
That’s why I’ve put together this realistic cleaning schedule for working moms.
If you follow these tips, you’ll be able to tidy up your home fast!
Keep in mind that this schedule may not work for everyone, so be sure to customize it to fit your needs.
With a little bit of organization and planning, you can keep your home clean and tidy despite a busy schedule!
I’m going to share with you a realistic cleaning schedule for working moms to help you stay on top of your housework. Keep reading to the end and download my FREE printable daily cleaning schedule too!
Realistic Cleaning Schedule for Working Moms
As a busy working mum myself, I know just how exhausting the juggling act of taking care of the kids and going to work is. And, on top of that, trying to keep the house clean feels like an impossible task. I also know I don’t want to spend my entire weekend cleaning!
But there is hope, busy mummy.
With a little bit of planning and some creative thinking, it’s possible to make a realistic cleaning schedule that will help keep your home presentable without giving up your weekend.
Here are a few tips to get you started:
- Make use of your time in the mornings and evenings. If you have a few minutes before you have to leave for work or after the kids are in bed, use that time to tidy up the kitchen or living room. You’ll be surprised how much you can get done in just a few minutes.
- Schedule specific cleaning tasks for set days of the week. For example, you could dedicate Mondays to dusting, Tuesdays to vacuuming, Wednesdays to cleaning the bathroom(s) etc. Having a plan will help you stay on track and make sure that all of the important tasks are getting done.
- Do at least one load of laundry everyday. I can’t tell you how many Sundays I’ve wasted trying to get a week’s worth of washing done, dried and put away in just one day.
- Get everyone involved. Agree with each member of the household which jobs they will be responsible for. Even little kids can be given age-appropriate chores, like picking up their toys. Getting everyone involved will make keeping the house clean more manageable and less stressful.
With a little bit of effort, you can create a realistic cleaning schedule that will help you keep your home clean without taking up all of your free time.
Cleaning Schedule for Working Moms
Having a cleaning schedule is essential to keeping your sanity when you’re a working mum.
Your cleaning schedule doesn’t have to be set in stone.
But a few daily or weekly prompts means we don’t have to think about what needs to be done.
We can simply glance at our pre-prepared list.
I know I always feel more stressed when I’m trying to remember 10 million things at once!
So here’s a quick idea of a cleaning schedule for working moms that will help you stay on top of the mess:
- Make the beds
- Put away any clutter that’s accumulated during the day (including the kids’ toys)
- Wipe down the kitchen counters and table
- Sweep the floors
- Take out the rubbish / recycling
- Do a load of laundry
- Wash the dishes
- Clean the toilet(s)
- Wipe any toothpaste splashes form the bathroom sink
- Deep clean the bathroom
- Dust all surfaces
- Vacuum the floors and furniture
- Wash all bedding and towels
- Discard expired food from the fridge and cupboards
- Clean kitchen appliances including the fridge, freezer and hob
- Polish leather furniture
- Clean mirrors
- Sort through mail and discard any paperwork you no longer need
You can always download my daily cleaning schedule if you’re struggling to make your own. I don’t stick to it religiously, but it gives me a super-quick and easy guide of cleaning jobs to do each day / week.
Ways to Make Cleaning Easier for Working Moms
We all know the drill. You’re a working mum and you come home to a messy house. The dishes are piled high in the sink, the laundry is overflowing and the floors are covered in dirt and toys.
It can be overwhelming to say the least.
But there are ways to make cleaning easier for us working mums.
First, try to create a cleaning schedule and stick to it as best you can. This will help you stay on top of things and keep the mess from getting too out of control.
Second, delegate tasks to other members of the household whenever possible. Even little ones can help with simple tasks like dusting or picking up toys.
Third, don’t be afraid to ask for help from family and friends. If someone offers to help with the cleaning, take them up on it!
And lastly, declutter your home regularly. Having a cluttered and messy home is so much more difficult to keep clean!
By following these tips, you can make cleaning a bit easier for yourself and have more time to relax and enjoy your family.
How to Find Time to Clean When You’re a Working Mom
I often hear the complaint that there just aren’t enough hours in the day. I feel it too!
As a working mum, I completely understand how hectic life can be. Between working, taking care of my girls and trying to keep up with the housework, it can be hard to find time for anything else.
But, believe it or not, there are ways to fit cleaning into your busy schedule.
The key is to be creative and make use of the time you do have. You’ll be amazed at how many secret pockets of time there are in the day!
How to find secret time you didn’t know you had:
- If you’re watching TV after dinner, use that time to fold and put away the laundry at the same time
- Have a quick whizz round with the vacuum while dinner’s cooking
- Quickly wipe down the shower or bath every time you shower
- Clean the toilet just before you go to bed
- Pick up clutter and put it away as you move around the house
- Make the bed as soon as you get up, and encourage your kids to do the same
- Wipe down the bathroom sink after you finish brushing your teeth (or your little one’s teeth)
- Keep cleaning products where they’re needed (i.e. keep bathroom cleaner in the bathroom cabinet)
Cleaning doesn’t have to be a huge chore. By breaking it down into smaller tasks, you can easily fit it into your busy schedule. and unlock the secret time you never knew you had.
Importance of Keeping a Clean House as a Working Mom
It’s so important to keep the house clean. Not only does it help to keep your family healthy, but it also makes your life a lot easier.
I mean, who wants to come home to a messy house after a long day at work?
A clean house is also a great way to stay organized and reduce stress.
I used to get headaches because of all the mess and clutter in our house. I’m not kidding!
Even if I didn’t consciously know it, the sight of all the mess was stressing me out.
This isn’t great when you’ve got a stressful job too.
So, if you’re a working mum like me, I highly recommend keeping a realistic cleaning schedule.
I’m not saying you have to be Martha Stewart or anything. Just having a cleaning schedule that you can realistically stick to will make a world of difference.
Plus if anyone in your household suffers with asthma, eczema or allergies, then having a clean home will help them manage their symptoms.
A clean home is a healthy home!
Realistic Cleaning Schedule for Working Moms: Free Printable Cleaning Schedule
As a working mum I know first hand that it can feel impossible to find time to clean your house.
But with a realistic cleaning schedule and some helpful tips, you can tidy up in no time!
I’ve created a free printable cleaning schedule just for busy mums like you. Be sure to download it so you can keep track of your progress.
And if you ever need more help tackling the mess, don’t hesitate to reach out. I’m always here to offer advice and support. Happy cleaning!
Check back soon for:
– How to Organize Your Home in Less Than an Hour
– The Best Way to Store Stuff You Don’t Use Regularly
– 20 Ideas for Decluttering Your Home Quickly and Easily
Feeling social? Follow me on Instagram for more tips from behind the scenes Busy Being Mummy
As a working mom, I find this schedule totally doable. Personally, I try to set a realistic schedule that I can follow everyday and just do whatever I can. It helps to keep myself sane and keep the house as clean as I can. Thanks for sharing!
This is awesome. I can see it will help working moms to have a nice cleaning schedule for them. Thank you for sharing!