Busy mommas, this one is for you!
You’re always so busy and don’t have time to clean your house from top to bottom. But what if I told you that you could get it done in just 2 minutes?
That’s right, with my list of 75 quick and easy house cleaning tasks, you can knock out the dirt and dust in no time. Plus, it’ll only take up a tiny fraction of your day. Each one of these chores can be done in two minutes or less.
If you’re looking for a way to blitz your home and get it clean in no time, then I’ve got your covered.
I’ve put together this list of super-quick 2 minute house cleaning tasks that will help keep your home looking clean and tidy, even when you have no time to clean.
All the tasks in this chore list can be completed in less time than it takes to boil the kettle, so they’re perfect for when you’re short on time.
You don’t have to do them all at once. But they’re perfect if you have a couple of spare minutes here and there throughout the day.
No more worrying about the state of your messy home when a friend drops by unannounced.
2 Minute House Cleaning Tasks: the list
- Put away the dishes
- Load the dishwasher
- Wipe down kitchen worktops
- Dust on top of the extractor fan hood
- Clean the hob
- Clean the kitchen sink
- Polish kitchen taps
- Wipe down the front of the refrigerator or freezer
- Microwave dishcloths to disinfect them
- Replace dirty tea-towel
- Refill kitchen roll holder
- Wipe kitchen windowsill
- Dust the top of the fridge
- Clear clutter from kitchen worktops
- Remove lint from tumble dryer
- Wipe clean washing machine door seal
- Wipe over kitchen appliances
- Empty toaster crumb tray
- Empty the bin
- Take out recycling
- Sweep kitchen floor
- Wipe kitchen cupboard doors and drawer fronts
- Remove cobwebs
- Sort today’s mail / letters
- Discard junk mail
- Tidy away shoes
- Hang up coats
- Sweep hall floor
- Polish hall mirror
- Recycle old magazines
- Straighten sofa cushions
- Dust TV screen
- Wipe the TV remote(s)
- Clean coasters
- Tidy away any left out toys
- Dust TV / media unit
- Take out any dirty cups / glasses / dishes
- Clean the downstairs light switches
- Clean the upstairs light switches
- Wipe down the table and table mats
- Sweep dining floor
- Disinfect baby’s high chair
- Refill salt and pepper grinders / shakers
- Clean bathroom sink
- Scrub the toilet
- Polish bathroom taps
- Replace dirty bathroom towels
- Refill toilet roll
- Polish bathroom mirror
- Make a bed
- Remove hair from shower drain (yes I know it’s gross, but it has to be done!)
- Wipe down shower screen
- Clean the shower head
- Wipe bathroom countertops
- Hang up / put away any left out clothes
- Sort one load of laundry to wash
- Dust nightstands
- Discard expired medicines
- Dust bookshelves
- Straighten up kids’ soft toys
- Tidy away kids’ games / puzzles
- Refill bird feeders
- Water houseplants
- Dust houseplant leaves
- Wipe downstairs doorknobs / door handles
- Wipe upstairs door handles
- Empty the vacuum
- Dust / wipe down the blinds in one room
- Clean one window with a Karcher cleaner
- Sort through the receipts in your purse or bag
- Recycle kids’ drawings
- Shred confidential paperwork you no longer need
- Tidy away kids’ craft materials / art supplies
- Clean hairbrushes
- Discard expired or empty cosmetics and toiletries
2 Minute House Cleaning Tasks: FREE Printable
Not sure you’ll remember all 75 of my 2 minute chores? Grab my FREE printable below. Print it out and stick it to your fridge, or inside your cleaning cupboard door as a simple reminder of these super-quick household chores.
So there you have it. This is my list of super-quick house cleaning tasks that you can do in less time than it takes to boil the kettle.
These 2 minute chores will help keep your home looking clean and tidy, even when you have no time to clean.
I hope you find them helpful!
Do you have any other quick tips for keeping your home clean? Let me know in the comments below.
And be sure to share this post with your friends so they can blitz their homes too.
Related: 11 Steps to a Tidy Home
Check back soon for:
– How to Organize Your Home in Less Than an Hour
– The Best Way to Store Stuff You Don’t Use Regularly
– 20 Ideas for Decluttering Your Home Quickly and Easily
Feeling social? Follow me on Instagram for more tips from behind the scenes Busy Being Mummy